- All funded projects will serve the citizens of the Foundations service area of Lancaster County, Fort Lawn and Great Falls, South Carolina.
- The Foundation will give priority to grant applicants for programs of community service that provide ongoing support.
- The Foundation seeks to make grants that will have a significant and long-lasting impact on the community.
- Prospective grantees are encouraged to propose innovative collaborations and partnerships that respond to community needs.
- The Foundation will favor proposals for specific projects rather than for general operations.
- Awards can be granted only to organizations and institutions exempt from federal taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- All grants will be in accordance with the Foundations status as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization.
- Single-year and multi-year grants will be awarded. Seed grants will not exceed three years.
- While the Foundation has no limit on the amount that can be requested, trustees will consider the availability of funds and the impact of a large request.
- Since the Foundations Board of Trustees feels strongly that the orientation of grants should be in the area of projects and programs, funding in the following areas may be limited:
- Capital improvement projects
- Scholarships, conferences, or seminars that result only in professional advancement but provide no benefit to the greater community
- Seed grants that do not address an urgent community need and do not demonstrate the potential for ongoing community support
The Foundation does not make grants to or for the following:
- Indirect costs, including payments of a percentage of a grant to a local organizations national affiliate
- Indigent care
- Programs or projects generally considered to be the role of the government
- Retirement of accumulated debt
- Projects of organizations that primarily benefit their own members or adherents
- Tickets to charitable events or dinners
- Legislative lobbying or other political purposes