Classroom teachers, media specialists, guidance counselors and other certified support staff (exclusive of after-school programs) in Lancaster County, Fort Lawn and Great Falls are invited to apply. Awarding of grants will be based on merit, innovation, completeness, the enhancement of existing curriculum, and the availability of funding. Applicants may request up to $500 per project and are limited to one grant per school year.
APPLICATION DEADLINES: THE LAST DAY OF EACH MONTH DURING THE ACADEMIC CALENDAR YEAR (SEPTEMBER - MARCH)
TEACHERS' PET GRANT PROCEDURES FOR 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR
- Grant requests must be submitted directly by the teacher requesting funding. Please submit requests here Teacher Pet Grant Application.
- Two teachers may apply for a joint Teachers’ Pet Grant and request up to $500 per teacher ($1,000 maximum).
- If two teachers are applying for joint funding, each teacher must submit an application, including both teachers’ names in the project title.
- In order for your application to be considered in any given month, it must be received by the last day of that month (September – March).
- Teachers must include the following information in their application:
- Name of teacher, subject/grade, and school
- Project Title
- Start and End Dates for Project
- Project Description (Describe how you plan to use these funds and how students would benefit. How would this project enhance the existing curriculum? Include the expected outcomes for this project.)
- Provide a list of the items and the costs for the project. Do not forget to include any applicable shipping & handling and sales tax. The total request may be up to $500 including shipping, handling and sales tax.
- All projects must be approved by the school principal. Your submission must include principal’s knowledge and approval of project. JMSF will acknowledge receipt of application to teachers, with a copy to principals.
- Teachers’ will receive an email notification of their funding status (approved or declined) by the 15th of the following month. Your school’s principal will be notified if you are awarded funding.
- Checks will be disbursed directly to the Lancaster County and Chester County School District offices for those teachers awarded funding each month.
- Upon completion of the project, teachers must submit a list of project expenses as well as a project evaluation. Please use the evaluation form “Teachers Pet Grant Evaluation” which can be found below. Teachers who do not submit the final evaluation report will not be eligible to apply for future grants
(ITEMS NOT FUNDED: TRANSPORTATION AND LIBRARY BOOKS)