Healthy Community Grant
With community members in the center, our Healthy Community Grant Process is designed to work side by side with multi-sector partners to address community needs and opportunities based on community informed data. We hope that rolling cycles, open dialogue and a phased grant process, we will catalyze conversation on policy, systems and enviornmental positive change opportunities by empowering and mobilizing our biggest asset, our community members.
Healthy Community Guiding Principles:
(1) Gather information from existing data sources and from residents before setting priorities and determining what approaches to take;
(2) Harness multi-sector, collaborative partnerships to leverage resources, shape policy, and remove barriers that hinder the health of all people; and
(3) Evaluate whether strategies and policies are working effectively as intended, and share lessons learned with the community.
Potential grantseekers are requested to complete the following steps:
1) Watch the audio-supported "Community Indicators" PowerPoint.
2) Register for and attend a Healthy Community Grant Workshop.
This Workshop is a pre-requisite for senior leadership before attending an exploratory meeting with a Community Investment Officer. This workshop is designed to provide information about the grant process and how we use the
Take Action Cycle to organize our work with community partners on policy, systems and environmental change thinking to build and support a healthy community.
3) Participate in an Exploratory Meeting with a Community Investment Officer prior to submitting a Letter of Intent. Appointments may be made by contacting Karen Ormand, Grants Administrator at 803-286-8772 or at email@example.com
4) Submit a Letter of Intent for proposed project.
5) Register and attend a Logic Model Training Workshop prior to submitting an application. If you have attended a Logic Model Training in the 2017 calendar year, you have completed this step. (Logic Model Workshop Training is required to submit an application.)
Healthy Community Grant Process- Rolling Cycle
Invited to apply
When the grantseeker is ready, an application will be made available.